Bamboo Dragon Shop
We are an on-line retailer specialising in household, jewellery, beauty & grooming and cultural products from around the world.
We differ from the crowd in that many of our products are sourced from smaller producers who not have a High Street presence. You'll find many of these products to be superb and a new experience. That said, of course we also stock a fantastic range of brand names too.
Many of our jewellery items are handcrafted, they have an individual finish to them, something you cannot get with mass-produced items. Many of our collections are made in the British Isles and we have a fantastic English Pewter range.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Use by you of this website establishes, and is strictly on the basis of, agreement in full by you, on your own behalf and on behalf of anyone you represent, to the following Terms and Conditions:
2. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time by amendment to the version posted on the website, whereafter any subsequent use by you of the website will be taken as acceptance by you of the Terms & Conditions in their amended state.
3. You warrant that you are not in breach of any law or order of any court by using this service.
4. You agree that, in visiting and navigating around this website:
i. you will not upload onto any area of this website any images, graphics, text, hyperlinks, machine readable code or other content that amounts to a breach of the rights, including intellectual property rights, of others and/or which may breach reasonable standards of morality, decency and respect for the interests of others to be treated with civility and/or which may breach the rights in law of others not to be defamed and/or which may breach any right in law whatsoever and shall hold harmless ourselves against all claims and demands that may relate in any way to such content,
ii. you will not upload onto any area of this website any information, whether as to your identity, the purpose of your visit or otherwise, that is not truthful and honest,
iii. you will not upload to this website, or create or increase any risk of the uploading by others, or otherwise expose this website or any email address disclosed on it, to the risk of a visit or action by any virus, trojan, autobot or other form of malware of any description, and will keep us at all times fully indemnified against any loss or damage resulting from any such upload or risk,
iv. we have full right to remove at any time, and without notice to you, any content uploaded by yourself to this website,
v. should you access any part of this website by personal login, you accept full responsibility for all actions
vi. taken on the website under your username, whether or not you were the person who took such action,
vii. there is no liability on us for loss or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from your visit to (including agreeing not to seek to hold us responsible, or accountable, for any action or lack of action by yourself as a result of information or advice appearing on), this website, or through access from this website, whether a website that is linked from this website, or any website that masquerades as our website or from data and information appearing through data sharing technologies, or from your use of less than the optimal encryption security, anti-virus or anti-spam protection or other similar procedures, including measures to protect your personal identity, in your browser or e-mail program, or otherwise the manner and procedures you adopt when browsing around the Web,
viii. that, whilst we will use our best endeavours at all times to ensure the continuity of the availability of the website on the Internet, given that the potential for disruption of connectivity extends well beyond technology and events over which we have any control, covering possible actions by many varied organisations who contribute to the functionality and connectivity of the Internet as well as the status of your own software and websites, there will be no liability on us for any loss or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any disruption of access or failure or variation of intended functionality that occurs for whatever reason,
ix. that we reserve the right at any time to suspend or cancel your use of, or access to, this website,
x. that you recognise that we own all intellectual property rights in the content on this website, and that you will not, either by yourself directly or by assisting or permitting others so to do, do anything that breaches in any way such intellectual property rights of ourselves and, in particular, will not copy or reproduce any element of this website or its code or use it, or any part of it, to create any content, document, website, image or graphic. In addition you will not create, or permit or assist others in creating, any hyperlink to any part of this website save to the home page nor take any action that directly or indirectly prevents, in whole or in part, access to, or reduces the enjoyment by yourself or others of, this website,
xi. that when seeking to purchase any goods or services on this website, that you will not do so save on the basis that our Terms and Conditions of Sale are accepted by you as regulating any such purchase you make.
5. We have tried to keep this site as simple as possible. Just browse around, and when you find something you want to buy:
a. Click on the product
b. Decide on the quantity you would like
c. Click add to basket.
6. When you have finished selecting you can view shopping basket and amend your order if you need to or select continue shopping.
7. When you have finished shopping, click on “Checkout”
8. Here you have the choice of paying online by using a credit / debit card, paying using PayPal.
9. Payments made by credit / debit card are made through our secure online payment service.
10. In the event of a product being out of stock, we will contact you.
11. Website orders will normally be despatched within 3 working days of receipt. Standard deliveries should arrive within seven working days from dispatch.
12. However, products which are specially crafted by tradition artisans may take up to five working days to despatch. Specially crafted products may take between 10 – 21 to arrive after dispatch.
13. We will advise clients by email which category their products come under and when they may expect delivery. If you order has not been delivered within the time frame advised then please check to see if a note or card been left at the delivery address by the postal/courier service. If no such note/card has been left then we will organise a replacement order for you.
DAMAGES & RETURNS
14. We will always do our very best to ensure your goods get to you in excellent condition but occasionally we do suffer the odd item getting damaged in transit. If this happens please let us know within 24 hours by e-mail including your name, address and when you placed the order plus any order confirmations if available (the more information you supply the easier and quicker we can find your order).
15. We will happily replace any damages or refund you.
16. If an item is faulty we may need returning for us to look at or return to a supplier. We will cover any postage costs incurred by you should this be the case.
17. Under the UK Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you have the right to change your mind and contact us within 7 days if you would like to return a product (although we allow 14 days) for a full refund. You will need to return the goods in suitable packaging enclosing a copy of your order confirmation and a note of what action you would like us to take to enable us to issue a refund, credit note or different product as a replacement. Prompt return of the goods will facilitate a prompt refund or exchange.
18. Please note we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to goods being returned to us and you should ensure returns are packed securely and you retain proof of posting until you have a refund or replacement and the matter is closed.
19. Our 14 day money back promise does not mean that after this time we do not care about our products or our customers. We are dedicated to customer service and you can contact us at any time after you purchase for further assistance.
Your privacy is respected by us and, therefore, we will only collect, store and process personal information from you in accordance with the law from time to time in force in England and Wales and then only for enabling us to provide the various services available on this site as well as to administer the site and collect statistical data.
We will collect:
• Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc. We will use this to provide you with relevant information in the future.
• Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and interests, how you use this website, which sites you navigate from to reach this website and which sites you navigate to from this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site and helps us ensure your experience on our website, and related sites to which we may link you, is better tailored to your needs. This data is sometimes collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. No information that is identifiable to you is used in a cookie. Details about disabling these cookies can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
• Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website. It is also possible that we will use your IP address to help diagnose problems on our web site.
22. By submitting your information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. If for any reason our policy does change, we will post the changes on this page, so you can view them. If changes occur with which you are unhappy, you can email us with and instruct us to no longer use your information.
It is not possible for us to predict the route which the information will travel (due to the Internet's infrastructure being a global one), this means your information may be temporarily transferred outside the European Union. By submitting your information, you consent to this transfer.
Should you wish to purchase any goods or services from this website, we may share and/or pass on information to a financial institution for the purpose of credit/debit card authorisation or to a delivery company for the purpose of delivering any goods ordered from us.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays.
Whilst it is most unlikely to happen, we may be required by a court of law, or by a person with legal authority to so request, to disclose personal information.
If your personal information changes, you can write to us either at our geographical address as at the bottom of these Terms and Conditions or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All design, text, graphics and arrangement thereof are the copyright of Bamboo Dragon Shop or of other copyright owners. Any unauthorised reproduction of the contents of this site without the prior written permission of Bamboo Dragon Shop is strictly prohibited.
LIABILITY & JURISDICTION
29. Bamboo Dragon Shop, its employees, partners and other representatives will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
30. In the event that any term is held to be invalid by a decision of a court of competent authority, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
31. The laws of England and Wales shall be the only laws that apply to your use of this website and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for the resolution of any claim or dispute arising.